Becoming a Member
In an effort to make application of membership in the NSIA as quickly as possible, please provide all of the following information.
- A cover letter outlining your professional background and experience.
- NSIA Membership Application Form
- Your resume
- A copy of your official transcript(s)
- A $50 +HST ($57.50) application fee which can be paid via PayPal, eTransfer, cash or cheque
Applications will be reviewed four times per year. Intake deadlines for these reviews are:
- February 28
- April 30
- August 31
- November 30
Applicants will be notified of the decision within six weeks of the intake deadline.
At the November 2017 Semi-Annual Meeting NSIA adopted the National Education Entrance Standard, as developed by Agrologists/Agronomes Canada, to evaluate all new applicants.
Transferring and Multi-Province Registration:
If you require your practice and registration status transferred to the Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists or if you require multi-province registration, please complete the below form:
Additionally, please contact your originating provincial institution and authorize them to send a file to NSIA with the below contents:
- A letter confirming that you are a member in good standing
- Your designation and status
- A copy of any available documentation relating to your initial application (i.e. transcripts, etc.)
- Completion dates of any required courses (i.e. Ethics course, etc.)
- Professional Development (PD) records
Transfers and Multi-Province requests can be completed at anytime throughout the year, with no fee until January of the following year when membership fees are invoiced (as long as you are paid in full within your originating provincial institution).